Converting Quicken to QuickBooks is not an easy peasy task at all. You have to go through lots of hardships while accomplishing this procedure. Being an entrepreneur, it would be difficult to remember the steps, that’s why we are here with this guide. Here, we will together seek answers on how to convert Quicken to QuickBooks.
Convert Quicken to QuickBooks : Two Ways
There are possibly two ways through which you can conduct the conversion known as
- Utility mode
- Quicken Converter
We will learn more about these methods in the further sections. But, before that, let’s move ahead and consider these things.
Consideration Points Before Converting Quicken to QuickBooks Online
Before proceeding with the conversion process, the user has to go through these pointers below:
- Well, the procedure can become quite difficult for Mac users as they first have to convert the Mac files into Windows and then dive into the later operations. There is no such thing available through which we can directly transform the Mac data into QuickBooks.
- Always make sure to create a backup of the Quicken file before proceeding with the conversion. As backup not only secures your data from getting damaged and corrupted but also enables you to get it anytime you want.
- As the process is irreversible so you cannot convert QuickBooks back to Quicken data. You must require other procedures to do so.
Make sure to go through each of these consideration points wisely if you really want to convert Quicken to QuickBooks.
Remember This Before Using Quicken Converter Tool
The first method using the Utility option for conversion may not work for everyone. So, make sure to try a converter tool for carrying out the conversion. But, you need to know all these points before using the Quicken converter tool.
- Make sure that you are having Quicken and QuickBooks of the same version. If it is not the situation then you can avoid the conversion.
- If you want to do this procedure on Mac then don’t ever forget to convert Quicken mac files into Quicken windows files. This is the only way through which you can convert as Utilities and converters prove failures in this attempt.
Now, we will get into the methods through which you can easily convert Quicken to QuickBooks.
You May Also Like : QuickBooks File Doctor – Features, Uses, Download & Installation
Convert Quicken to QuickBooks Using Utilities Option
Follow each step if you want to do the conversion from the first method.
- Make sure that your QuickBooks application is accessed.
- Move towards the File menu now.
- Get into the search bar if you have issues while finding the File menu.
- Once done, go through the list below and choose Utilities.
- While clicking on Utilities, just select the Convert option.
- Now, you will see another drop-down menu that brings several options such as From Peachtree, From Microsoft Office Accounting, From Quicken, and Microsoft Small Business Accounting.
- As we are converting the data of Quicken, so we choose From Quicken option.
- After performing all these steps, you need to save your Quicken file.
- Consequently, access it with.QDF file extension.
- Go through the steps provided to your screen and conduct the conversion procedure.
You can also hit the F1 button if want to gather more information on the conversion utility. Now, just head towards the Help window and enter convert from Quicken.
Use Quicken Converter Tool and Convert Quicken to QuickBooks
If you don’t want to go with the first procedure and Quicken and QuickBooks both have different versions then head towards these steps given below and learn the procedure by using the Quicken converter tool.
- You should download and install the Quicken converter in the same version as your QuickBooks desktop.
- Head towards the Inuit official site to download this tool.
- When you have successfully conducted the downloads, try to launch this file.
- Now, you will be prompted to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Make sure to click on the Accept button.
- Furthermore, choose the Next button and begin the installation procedure.
- Don’t forget to tap Install.
- You will see the installation bar is moving and representing the ongoing operation.
- If the software is installed properly then hit the Finish button.
- Afterward, you need to move with the conversion process. For that, tap on the tab named I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows.
- Subsequently, choose another tab named Get Started.
- Now, the procedure will start and convert the Quicken file to QuickBooks.
- Make sure that you search for the file by choosing Open a data file located on this computer.
- Choose the Quicken file that has the .QDF extension at the end of the name.
- Tap the OK button thereafter.
- Subsequently, tap on the Convert It button.
- Again, hit OK and get one step ahead of your operation.
- After that, just save the new Quicken Data file and hit Exit.
From these steps, you can easily convert Quicken to QuickBooks
Steps to Convert Quicken Mac File to Quicken Windows File
So, this is for all the users who are using Quicken on Mac OS. As there is no direct process of conducting the conversion so we will try out this method and convert the Quicken Mac file to a Quicken Windows file.
- First of all, we will access the Quicken Mac file of yearly versions like 2015, 2016, and 2017.
- Now, just move ahead to the Quicken file that is chosen for conversion.
- Make sure to select Export.
- These steps will do the procedure by showcasing Quicken Windows Transfer File (QXF).
- Don’t forget to locate this file (.QXF).
- Thereafter, transfer this file to the system which has Windows OS.
- Once done, just access the Quicken software on your windows.
- Now, you need to head towards the File.
- Also, tap the New Quicken File.
- Hit the OK tab now.
- Provide New Name to the file and also hit the OK button to end this process.
Once you have converted the Quicken Mac file into a Quicken Windows file, just carry out any of the above methods listed above and modify the Quicken file to QuickBooks.
You May Also Like : All You Need To Know About QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Through these ways, you can easily convert Quicken files to QuickBooks. Quicken and QuickBooks both have brought a new path for entrepreneurs like us. We at QuickAudit don’t want to limit you with Quicken so if you really want to use QuickBooks then first convert the Quicken data file into QuickBooks.
We hope that the article above has resolved all your queries regarding the conversion process. But, if there are still some doubts left to get resolved then comment down below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What Is The Procedure to Convert Quicken Files to (.CSV)?
- To begin, access the Quicken file.
- Now, perform a right-click and choose Export.
- Once done, head towards Export to CSV file.
- Just opt for the location where you want to save your file.
2. Can I Convert Quicken Files to QuickBooks Online?
- No, you cannot directly do it. But, there is still a method that may relieve you in conducting the tasks. You can first convert the Quicken file to QuickBooks desktop and thereafter head towards the QuickBooks online.
- Moreover, you can also convert the Quicken file to (.CSV) and thereafter import it to QuickBooks Online.
3. Can I Access a Quicken File Without Quicken?
Well, it all depends on which scenarios are using the Quicken file. For instance, if you have converted the Quicken file to QuickBooks and other software then you can easily open the file. Moreover, you cannot open it without conversion as Quicken has a specific file format that would not be supported in other software.
4. On Which Apps I Can Access Quicken Files?
You can access your Quicken files on different programs such as spreadsheet, form application, web-based word processor, and presentation.
5. Can I Access Quicken and QuickBooks on the Same System?
QuickBooks comes in different forms and versions so you can access it from any system and any part of the world. For instance, through the QuickBooks app, you can have details of your business on just your mobile phone. Moreover, QuickBooks online provides you with remote access. But, this is not the case with Quicken, the software must be installed on a single computer to access it properly.