In this digital age, there is nothing that Quickbooks accounting software can’t manage. Its advanced features and inbuilt tools help in performing all accounting tasks with ease. Intuit offers various inbuilt tools such as the QuickBooks Database Server Manager to help users in fixing multiple errors.
It helps you create.ND files for every company files on all systems. Not only this, with the QB Database Server Manager tool, now multiple users can come together and work on similar company files using a multi-user mode network.
Therefore, for the users with multi-user mode, this is a tool you must have. But the most crucial part is downloading it correctly and then installing it.
Many times users perform the steps incorrectly which leads to more trouble such as installation errors. So, you must do it the right way.
Hence, this post will inform you all about the QB Data Server Manager Tool, the way to install it correctly, how to use it, and updating it the most correct way.
Crucial Facts on QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The QuickBooks Database Server manager includes several facts which are:
- In order to automatically configure the latest company files, the QB database server manager uses local hard drives.
- If you have various versions of QuickBooks then you must download the Quickbooks database server manager in the system.
- While installing the database server manager, a user is added to multiple QB versions.
- It creates “.nd” files on the host system known as network data files.
- For setting up QuickBooks multi-user access, all the folders and company files that require configuration are scanned
- Never miss Quickbooks database server manager updates as you get extra incredible tools. Also, errors like Quickbooks database server manager stopped could be prevented by updating it.
- It is recommended to install all the versions of QB database server manager if you use multi-version of QB desktop.
Features Of The QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The QuickBooks database server manager offers a ton of features and some of its helpful features are:
The system feature of the database server manager helps track or find any information related to the system that has the database server installed.
To utilize the system feature, users need to carry the below-mentioned steps.
- First, tap “Start”.
- Then, hit “Programs”.
- Next, click “QuickBooks”.
- Choose “QuickBooks Database server manager”.
- Now, tap “System”.
- Finally, review “System information“.
Database Server Features
The database server feature provides a record of all the users that are connected to the server and logged in to the company file.
- First, run Quickbooks data server manager.
- Check the status showing services of your QuickBooks Database Server.
- Finally, you can review and configure the services and record while the server is hosting your company files using the “Services Administrative” tool.
This feature let the users update the QuickBooks Database server which helps utilize the updated tools and fixes bugs.
- First, hit “Start”.
- Then, select “Program“.
- Next, click “QuickBooks”.
- Select “QuickBooks Database Manager”.
- Afterwards, tap “Updates“
- Finally, carry out the instructions.
Downloading QuickBooks Database Server Manager
You can download the QuickBooks database server without any hard effort. However, since the database server manager is a part of QB software, you are required to download the software first.
The method to download the QuickBooks software requires you to visit the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from there. Afterward, install it via the instructions given by the setup wizard.
Steps For Installing The QuickBooks Database Server Manager
After successfully downloading and installing the QuickBooks Tool Hub, let’s check the steps to install the QB database server.
- First, run “QuickBooksToolsHub.exe”.
- Then, tap “Yes” to allow changes.
- Select either “Custom” or “Network”.
- Pick “Installation type”.
- Next, choose either “I’ll be using QB or I’ll not be using QB” accordingly.
- Thereafter, hit “Yes”.
- Now, provide “License & Product no.”.
- Finally, follow instructions and complete the installation.
Configuration Of The QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Configuring the database server manager can be beneficial for you if you want to utilize it according to your preference. And for configuring the QB data server manager, you need to:
- First, hit “Start”.
- Write “Services” and press “Enter”.
- Next, click “QuickBooksDBXX”.
- Tap on “General”.
- Check “Service Status”.
- Then, select “Stop”.
- After that, tap “Startup Type”.
- Select “Automatic”.
- Go to “Logon”.
- Select “Local System Account”.
- Then, hit “Recovery” and restart services such as “First, second and Subsequent failure”.
- Afterwards, select “General”.
- Finally, click “Start Tab” and restart the QB data server manager.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager: How to Set it Up and Use It
After downloading and installing the QB database server manager, the crucial step is to set it up. Let’s check the appropriate steps to set up and use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Step 1: Launch QuickBooks Database Server Manager
The primary step for setting up the QB data server manager comprises the launch of the tool itself. After Quickbooks database server manager download step, launch it.
Since the database server manager is a tool inside the QuickBooks software, you are required to carry out the instructions below:
- First, click “Start Menu”.
- Then, select “Programs”.
- Next, launch “QuickBooks”.
- Finally, hit “QuickBooks-Database-Server-Manager“.
Step 2: Scan your Folder
The next step in setting up the database server manager is to “Scan Folders”.
In order to grant the permission of your company files to other users, the configuration of files is needed. Thus the scanning of the folder is mandatory. Below are the suitable steps to scan your folder:
- First, launch QuickBooks.
- Then, select “Database Server Manager”.
- Thereafter, hit “Scan Folders”.
- Locate the folder having QB company files.
- Finally, tap “Scan”.
Note: When the company files are completely scanned, they can be accessed for multi-user access via the scanned folder.
Step 3: Add Folder
After scanning the folder to grant configuration. The next step is to choose “Add folder”. Check and follow the steps mentioned below to “Add Folder”.
- Tap on the “Add folders” option.
- Then, select the folder you wish to add.
- Finally, select the folder in which your company files are located”.
Step 4: Remove The Folder
If you mistakenly added a folder and now want to remove it. You should check the steps to remove the folder mentioned below:
- Select the folder you want to remove.
- Tap “Remove Folder”.
Step 5: Click The “Scan” Button
The next step is to click on the “Scan” button.
- Select “Scan The Folders” which appears under the directory of the company files.
- Finally, after finishing the scanning process, you will encounter a list containing your company files.
Step 6: Utilize The Monitored Drive Feature
The “Monitored Drive features” allow you to keep the QuickBooks Database Server Manager updated when you add a new company file to the server. Follow these steps:
- At first, Click on “Start”.
- Next, tap “Programs”.
- Thereafter, hit “QuickBooks”.
- Next, choose “QuickBooks Database Manager”.
- Afterward, select “Monitored Drive”.
- Now, tap “Remove and rename”.
- Finally, hit “Select” for monitoring every local driver…
What if the QB Server Manager Failed to Launch?
When launching QB Server Manager, what happens if the program does not launch?
It’s possible that you find yourself in problems when starting the server manager. In this case, use any of the ways listed here to get everything started.
Steps to follow if you have Database Server Manager and QB Desktop installed on your system’s server.
- Begin with opening QuickBooks on your server.
- Thereafter choose “File”.
- Then tap “Open\Restore Company”.
- Moving on, select “Company File”.
- Once done, select “Next”.
- Moreover, find “Open my file via multi-user mode”. Hit “Open”.
- Then log into your QB company file.
- Select “Close Company” after hovering to “File”.
- In the end, tap on “Start”
- Type “Database” there in the empty search area.
- Lastly, hit the tab on “QB Database Server Manager”.
If only Database Server Manager is being installed on your server, obey these instructions:
- Launch “Control Panel” after tapping on “Start”.
- Select “Administrative Tools”.
- Thereafter choose “Services”.
- Once done, locate QuickBooksDBXX and tap on it.
- In the end, choose Restart.
Types of Errors You Will See While Running “Database Server Manager”
- The QB Server has failed to start.
- Failed Database Network Diagnostic connection.
- Sharing of QB Dataserver Manager Connection is not allowed.
- QBDSM can’t retrieve connected files.
- QB Server Manager is stopping.
Updating QB Database Server Manager Instantly
It’s a fact that updating software regularly is important to use all new features and other tools. To update Intuit Quickbooks database server manager, follow these steps:
- Firstly, start downloading the update patch.
- Once done, reboot the server.
- Now, when you start updating the server, a notification will show up reading “Update company file to operate with QuickBooks”.
- Thereafter, you can alter the structure of the database by updating the database server manager. While doing the same, you sometimes can get messages for creating a backup.
- In the end, you are enabled to launch the company file after obeying the on-screen prompts.
Frequently Asked Questions Related To
Q1- What exactly is the true aim of the QBDSM?
By using the QB DataServer Manager, you develop network data files, store company files on your host computer, and access them from other computers. The Database server manager needs to be installed for each version of QuickBooks Desktop if you are going to use multiple versions.
Q2- How do I access the QuickBooks database server manager?
- Open the “Start” menu on the server computer.
- Type “Database”.
- Hit “Enter”.
- Launch “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- Visit “Scan Folders”.
Q3- What are the steps to connect to a QuickBooks database?
In order to connect:
- Select “Connections”
- Hit “Add new connection”
- Switch to the “Machine Data Sources”.
- Select “Quickbooks Data DSN”.
- Tap “OK”.
Using this method, you will access the current QuickBooks company file.
Q4- Does QuickBooks require a server?
Using a hosting service, you can access your QB data saved in another location. An online service provider can host your QuickBooks products and data files.
Q5- What are the steps for updating the QuickBooks database server manager?
- Visit QuickBooks Official Website.
- The download link will be there,
- Click on it.
- To view the latest updates, Hit “Updates”.
- Select the appropriate version of the product when it prompts you for it.
Q6- What is the process of deleting the old QuickBooks database server manager?
You can uninstall QuickBooks Database Server Manager if you’re not using the multi-user feature.
- Visit “Control Panel”.
- Hit “Programs and Features”.
- Tap “QuickBooks Database Server Manager”.
- Choose “Uninstall/Change”.
- Follow instructions.