Installation & Usage of Quickbooks Database Server Manager
Quickbooks Allows Multi-User access modes that allow multiple users to access the Quickbooks software simultaneously. The Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool is required to host multiple computers on the network to run the Quickbooks software.
This blog will help you to understand the steps to install, update, and use the Quickbooks Database Server manager tool. If you need to know how to Use the Quickbooks Database Server manager tool properly then read this article to the end.
Introduction of Quickbooks Database Server Manager
In order to run the Quickbooks Software on multiple devices, it becomes one of the required tools. Below listed are some of the features of Quickbooks database Server Manager.
- This tool helps to create the network data files for the Multi-user setup. The server manager tool will create the network file for each company files stored in the host computer to make it accessible. You will be needed to set up the Quickbooks Database server manager tool on each computer if you are using multiple versions of the Quickbooks software.
- With this tool, you will be able to access Quickbooks software on multiple devices.
- In order to use the Quickbooks Software on multiple devices, make sure to install the QBDBSM tool on all the computers on the network.
- Once you will install the QBDBSM tool on the network computer, it will add a new user to the list.
- Ensure to check the version of the database running in the background. It should be always of the current year.
Download Quickbooks Database Server Manager
If you want to operate Quickbooks softwaer on multiple devices then first you will be required to download the Quickbooks Database server manager tool in your host computer. Follow the steps given below to download this tool.
- Double-click on the Quickbooks Installer to open it.
- Start the installation wizard and start the internet connection and click on the Next option.
- Click on the Accept option to approve the terms and conditions after reading it thoroughly and then choose the next option.
- First, select the network and then choose the installation method from the list.
- Now enter your license number of the Quickbooks software if required and then choose the “Yes” option to confirm.
- After this, complete the installation process by following the prompted instructions and then click on Finish.
Steps to Setup QBDBSM Tool
Once you have successfully installed the Database server manager tool then you need to set up the tool successfully to access the Quickbooks software on multiple devices. Follow the steps listed below to successfully set up the QBDBSM tool.
- Install the Quickbooks Desktop softwaer on the device in which you want to access.
- Now reboot the server and then create a backup when prompted “An update is required to use with this Quickbooks version”.
- Once the backup is complete, open the company file.
- Did you know you can use QuickBooks file doctor to fix database and file errors in quickbooks.
How to Use Database Server Manager Tool in Quickbooks Desktop
You can use the Quickbooks Database Manager tool to check for the company files and to scan folders. You can easily configure the new company files with this tool and can use it to access Quickbooks on multiple devices.
Steps to Open QBDBSM tool
- Click on the start menu.
- Choose the program and click on Quickbooks.
- Choose Quickbooks Database server manager tool to open it.
How to Scan Folders in QBDBSM?
- Start the Database server manager tool from the start menu.
- Go to the Scan folder tab and then select the folder.
- In case, you are not sure about the folder then you can scan the entire drive by selecting the drive.
- Click on the scan option and wait until the process completes.
Steps to Update Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool
If you have already installed the Quickbooks Database server manager tool in your device and needs to update it then follow these steps:
- Start a browser and open the Intuit website.
- Download the latest release of the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool and then install it.
- After installing, reboot the server and create a backup of the file when you get this message “the company file needs to be updated in order to access this version”.
- Now follow the prompted instructions to complete the process.
So this way you can update the QBDBSM tool. In this blog, we have explained to you how you can install and use the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool. However, if you have mistakenly updated a transaction in Quickbooks then don’t worry. Quickbooks allows you to delete deposit in Quickbooks.
If you need to know more about this tool then feel free to contact experts at Quickbooks.