You may encounter this error at the time of updating the payroll feature in QuickBooks. The screen displays this error as QuickBooks error 15240. The user has to go through lots of hardships while conducting payroll updates. In this guide, we will get a detailed understanding of the error through its causes, symptoms, and solutions.
Let’s Understand QuickBooks Error 15240
QuickBooks errors with the 15xxx series depict issues while downloading the update. The error signifies that there are some glitches within the software that needs to be resolved soon.
Error Message: The payroll update did not complete successfully or the file your specified cannot be opened.
Error Code: 15240
Error Description: A handful of factors could hamper the updating process.
Major Cause: Microsoft Internet Explorer is incorrectly configured.
Significant Causes of QuickBooks Error 15240
Due to this error, you might see lots of issues while working on the QuickBooks desktop. These issues occur because of unknown causes. Some of them are outlined below:
- The essential files of QuickBooks could not face the attack of viruses and malware
- Firewall settings are misconfigured
- QuickBooks programming has gone through some changes
- You have set the wrong date and time on your computer
- QuickBooks gets degenerated and needs an updated version
- Malicious programs delete the QuickBooks records
Symptoms of Error 15240 QuickBooks
All of these causes are very problematic as they shape such kinds of issues in the system. Well, other than the error message, here are some of the signs that enable you to identify the QuickBooks error 15240.
- Update related to the payroll is not completed.
- The user fails several times while operating payroll in QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks brings issues at the time of update.
- The system has several crashes at the same time interval.
- A slightest and late response to the command given by keyboard and mouse.
- The window is performing very badly.
Consider These Things Before Fixing QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240
Make Backup of QB File
- Launch QuickBooks.
- Navigate to the File.
- Choose Backup Company.
- Thereafter, select Create Local Backup.
- Go through the instructions carefully and create the backup.
Update the QuickBooks Desktop Software
- Shut your QuickBooks desktop.
- Tap and hold the Ctrl key.
- Make sure to move towards the Help button.
- Choose Update QuickBooks desktop.
- Hit the tab named update.
- Once done, tap Get Updates.
- Close your QuickBooks when you have updated it successfully.
Troubleshooting of QuickBooks Error 15240
Now, we are moving into the troubleshooting part to fix this issue. Here are some of the best solutions that you can try and resolve instantly. So, let’s get started and perform each step wisely.
Solution 1: Examine Date/Time Settings
- First, access the Run window by hitting Windows + R buttons.
- After that, enter Control Panel.
- You will now be moved directly to the Control Panel page.
- Make sure to tap on Clock and Region.
- Once done, choose the Date and Time.
- Try to modify the date and time.
- Thereafter, enable some changes by pressing the OK button.
Solution 2: Allow Windows Permission to Folders
- We will close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Then, move towards the C:\Program Files (x86).
- Once done, go to the Intuit folder.
- Perform a right-click on the same and choose the Properties tab.
- Make sure to click on the Security button.
- Hit the Advanced button.
- The owner must be the User Group. You can confirm it by getting into the steps below:
- To initiate, close your QuickBooks software.
- Search for the link where program files are stored.
- Once done, save the QuickBooks file folder.
- Move towards the Properties and perform a right-click on that.
- Bring a tick to the box beside Security and Advance.
- Go to the User group and see the owner’s current file folder.
- Check for the error issue once the task is accomplished.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks as an Admin
- You need to shut the QuickBooks desktop in the first place.
- Once done, perform a right-click on the icon.
- Choose Run as administrator as that we want in QuickBooks.
- Hit the Yes button and grant access.
Solution 4: Verify the Internet Explorer Settings
If providing admin rights to QuickBooks does not help you in eradicating the issue. Then, move ahead and try to verify the internet explorer settings.
- Move towards the Gear icon.
- Choose Internet Options from there.
- Now, move your mouse towards the advanced tab.
- Once it is opened, put a tick on different tabs named Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0.
- End this task by heading towards the Apply.
- Also, press the OK button.
Solution 5: Configure Third Pary Firewall
The firewall brings lots of miscommunication while other files want to communicate with QuickBooks. So, we try to troubleshoot this cause by following these steps.
- You must try to do the setting by getting some help from the technicians of the third-party firewall.
- Once done, make sure that the files like Qbupdate.exe and Qbw32.exe have proper access to the firewall.
- Make sure to examine the disabled ports like 80 and 443.
Solution 6: Reinstall QB Software with Clean Install
- To begin, access the Run window (Windows + R).
- Once it is opened, enter appwiz.cpl.
- Hit the OK button now.
- Move towards the section named Programs and Features.
- Make sure to tap QuickBooks and Uninstall.
- Go to the Yes button.
- Consequently, tap Next.
- You need to select Remove.
- QuickBooks will automatically be deleted after some time.
- Now, you need to download the QuickBooks again with QuickBooks clean install tool by getting into the steps below.
- Initiate the procedure by downloading and installing the QuickBooks tool hub.
- When you are done, perform a double click on the tool hub icon.
- Now, you need to hit the Yes button.
- Launching tool hub comes under the next step.
- Hit the Installation tab now.
- Pick Clean Install Tool tab.
- Choose your QuickBooks version along with the product version.
- And then, hit Continue.
Read Also: Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000 77
These 7 solutions must help you in resolving the error issue. Make sure to start from the first and move further till you fix this disturbance. QuickAudit is specifically designed for the users of QuickBooks software so that they can resolve any query from this single platform.
We know how these kinds of issues can bring lots of disturbance to your working procedure that’s why we try to reduce its effects by focussing on solutions to resolve QuickBooks errors. If the article above has resolved the QuickBooks error 15240 then don’t forget to hit the notification bar to work more efficiently on your QuickBooks software.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What are the Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 15240?
- Examine Date and Time Settings
- Run QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Allow Windows Permission to Folders
- Run QuickBooks As an Admin
- Verify the Internet Explorer Settings.
- Configure Third-Party Firewall
2. What Does 15xxx Error Series Imply?
All the error that comes with 15xxx series implies some issues within the Microsoft Internet Explorer. These errors hinder the updating procedure by bringing in several codes.
3. What is Quickbooks Payroll?
QuickBooks Payroll contains payroll features that will enable when you activate the subscription. It comes in three different versions named Basic, Enhanced, and Assisted payroll that has other specific features.
4. What Features QuickBooks Payroll Contain?
Enumerated below are some of the most known features that payroll contains.
- Create paychecks
- Direct deposit for 1099 contractors or employees
- Federal forms
- Payroll Updates
- E-mail subscription for critical notices
- Expert support
5. Can Disk Clean Up Help in Resolving QuickBooks Payroll Error 15270?
Yes, disk clean-up would surely resolve the error issue by removing all the junk files that cover more space in your system. Here are the following things that you can do.
- Make sure to create a backup of the file by freeing up the hard drive.
- Alternatively, you can clear the cache followed by rebooting the system.
- Open Explorer window > right click on C: Drive > Properties > Disk Ceanup.