QuickBooks error 1904 arises at the time of installing QB files. It is one of the most agitated issues that relate to the Microsoft component. If Microsoft Visual C++ files get damaged and corrupted then it can lead to this error. You may face several hindrances while working on the QB desktop. That’s why we prepared this guide. We hope that the error gets easily fixed once you reached the end part.
QuickBooks Error 1904: More About this Issue
The error hinders when you install the upgrade of any QB files. It is caused due to the damaged Microsoft Visual C++. This is an essential component that ensures the running of the QuickBooks desktop. When it gets corrupted, the system brings several issues indicating different files known as RcnFndRequestHandler.dll, ICWrapper.dl, qbupdate.exe, and qbprefs.dll. Many users also witness it when they try to switch to other Windows OS such as installing Windows 8 on Windows 10 system.
Error Message: We are sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. Error 1904. Module C:\Program Files (x86)\CaseWare\cv32.dll failed to register.
Error Code: 1904
Major Cause: Damaged or Corrupted Microsoft Visual C++
Real Issue: QuickBooks Installation
Major Triggers of QuickBooks Error 1904
Possible triggers of QuickBooks error 1904 are as follows:
- Corrupted QuickBooks installer file.
- Updating the QuickBooks desktop application to its newest version.
- Admin rights are not provided for Windows installation.
- Windows operating system is improperly installed.
- Firewalls or other security software are disturbing the installation of QuickBooks.
- Installing new Windows OS on your system.
- Issues with hard drive read-write.
- Microsoft OS components get corrupted.
Symptoms of Error 1904 QuickBooks
The users have to go through the symptoms below to identify this error. If the stated below also occur on your system then don’t take much time in conducting the troubleshooting.
- Encountering issues within the read-write tools like a hard drive.
- Your system is not having automatic updates.
- The computer gets slower while running the QuickBooks application.
- Witnessing a repeated error text every time you operate your QuickBooks desktop.
- Missing of some essential company files.
Essential Points to Remember
You may now want to move directly into the troubleshooting after getting causes and symptoms. But, it would bring other issues if you do not consider these essential points:
- Make sure to update your QuickBooks desktop on workstations and servers.
- Use admin mode to run QuickBooks.
- Must refresh the LAN connectivity and internet.
- Also, open QuickBooks in multi-user mode and try to update the windows.
Ways to Fix Error 1904 Module Failed to Register QuickBooks
Here are some of the best troubleshooting that you can try to fix the issue. Make sure to follow each step wisely.
Solution 1: Modify the Windows Account Settings
- Move towards the Windows start button.
- You will get a search bar, just type CMD there.
- Now, just perform a right-click on the icon.
- After that, choose Run as admin.
- Enter the following command now “net user administrator/active: yes”.
- Hit the Enter button.
- Now, close this window.
- Again move towards the Windows Start menu.
- Hit Sign out thereafter.
- You need to now log in with the administrator account.
- Don’t need any passcode for further procedure.
Modify the User Permissions
- To begin with, access the Windows start menu.
- Go the search and enter File Explorer.
- Just access it now with double-clicking.
- You need to search now for C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- Once done with that, perform a right-click on the tab Common files folders.
- Make sure to hit the Properties button.
- Access security tab now.
- From there, select the Edit button.
- Consequently, you need to go through the user names tab.
- Try to enable the permissions for several users such as Write, List folder contents, Modify, Read & execute, Read.
- Now you are done, just click on Apply and OK.
Reinstallation of QuickBooks and Signing Out
- Again, start the procedure by moving towards the Windows start menu.
- Go to the admin account and sign out from there.
- Move towards the usual user account and try to sign in.
- Proceed further by accessing the Windows start menu.
- Subsequently, open the search bar and enter CMD there.
- Make sure to right-click on the CMD run icon.
- Also, choose Run as admin.
- Click on the command window and enter net user admin/ active:no.
- Once done hit the Enter.
- Now, QuickBooks brings no issues while you are working on it.
Solution 2: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Go to your browser to move towards the Intuit official site.
- Now, try to download and install your QuickBooks tool hub.
- When it is finished, just locate the software where you can find it easily.
- Make sure to double-click on the file that you downloaded.
- Go through the guidelines carefully and try to install the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Afterward, move towards the location where you have saved the software.
- Try to launch the software.
- Furthermore, click on the Installation Issues.
- You need to hit for QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The running time would be of 20 minutes.
- Correspondingly, the tool runs, detects, and eliminates the issue.
- Make sure to restart the system when the procedure ends.
Solution 3: Uninstallation and Reinstallation of Adobe Flash Player
- Initiate the procedure by moving towards the Start button.
- Enter Control Panel now.
- Access the window of it.
- Make sure to choose to Uninstall a Program tab.
- Once done with it, click on Adobe Flash Player ActiveX.
- Also, tap Uninstall.
- Move towards the guidelines now to continue with the uninstallation procedure.
- Now, you can download and reinstall the Adobe flash player.
Solution 4: Adjust Windows Components
As QuickBooks error 1904 occurs due to the damaged Microsoft components so make sure to have IT assistance for the repairing purpose.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
- Microsoft MSXML
Well, you can not repair them but also uninstall and reinstall their latest versions. So, make sure to conduct the procedure which is more convenient.
Solution 5: Add QuickBooks to Bitdefender Exclusion List
If you have installed Bitdefender on your device then turn it off for eradicating the error issue. You require to add QuickBooks to the Bitdefender exclusion list to do so.
- 64-bit Windows: Add C:\Program Files\Intuit (C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit) in the exclusion list.
- 32-bit Windows: Add C:\Program files\Common files in the exclusion list.
Solution 6: Solutions for QBversionTool.dll
If you are witnessing the error texts that shows a file named QBversionTool.dll then run the Quickbooks install the diagnostic tool and try to modify the admin settings.
Step 1: Examine the Permissions
- In the beginning, you need to access the Windows start menu.
- Enter Notepad now and access it also.
- Make sure to enter QBTEST.
- Thereafter, go to the File menu and choose Save as an option.
- You can save to any of these options “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files“.
Moreover, try to sign in and install the QuickBooks if you are unable to save the note to the folder.
Step 2: Install QuickBooks as Admin
- Try to access the Windows start menu.
- Subsequently, choose sign out.
- Thereafter choose the account which is named admin.
- Then hit the Sign-in button.
- Now, just install your QuickBooks as admin.
So, these are the following solutions that you need to carry on to eradicate the error 1904 module failed to register QuickBooks. The steps are guided by the experts themselves so they will easily resolve the issue. However, if you find any further issues then make sure to contact us in the comment section. We will surely come up with the best possible solutions.
QuickAudit is specifically made for small entrepreneurs like you. We want to support you in every manner. Using QuickBooks can be quite overwhelming because of its error-prone nature. But, you don’t need to create space for the issue as we are always here to help you out.