While facing company file problems, network issues, or H and 6000 series errors in QuickBooks, do you also get confused about what to do? Here you can count on QuickBooks File Doctor which is developed by Intuit to tackle even the most stubborn QB Errors.
The QBFD tool works automatically, acting as a protection against several QB errors. Resulting in saving extra time and effort for the user, as they don’t have to manually repair the issues they experience.
Just clicking on this automatic repairing tool will fix all the irritating QB errors but, users often face various problems due to the lack of knowledge on how to install and utilize this tool.
Thus, we are here to explain to you each and every detail about Quickbooks File Doctor. You will also read its types, system requirements, most correct steps to install and use it to resolve hundreds of QB errors.
Errors and Issues Fixable via QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor tool was developed by Intuit for the sole purpose of resolving the troublesome errors a user faces.
It is a great tool to deal with network and company file issues. Several issues and errors that are fixable using QBFD are:
|Error while updating QB||Data damage errors||Corrupt company files|
|Network related issues||Inappropriate configuration of the Firewall port||Installation errors|
|Error -6000 -82||Error -6000 -301||QB 6147, as well as -6130 issue|
|QB Error -6000 -305||Various 6000 series errors||Troubles in Multi-user mode|
|Error code -6150||QB database server manager regarding issues||Hard drive threat via malware|
|Error H202||Error H505||Missing customer, vendor, and employee lists|
|Corrupted Windows registry||Unable to access the QB company file||Numerous H series errors|
QuickBooks File Doctor – Requirements
Below are some of the requirements for a user to utilize the QBFD :
- Make sure to have a proper and stable internet connection for preventing any interruption while carrying the process.
- To repair and troubleshoot settings in multi-user, you should always confirm for the ON mode in QuickBooks Hosting.
- For Network troubleshooting and fixing settings, log in via admin in Windows systems.
- For accessing the tool, ensure the installation of .NET Framework on your system.
- “QB File repair Settings” – (non-mandatory).
Types of QuickBooks File Repair Doctor Tool
There are two types of QB File Doctor. You can have access to both versions by the official application of Quickbooks. The two types of QBFD are:
This version of the QBFD tool is the most popular because it repairs numerous technical glitches. The use of this version is for or the concern in hosting server and connectivity.
Additionally, this utility can only be used if your system has database server management.
This tool is already included in the QuickBooks application. It automatically identifies and fixes the errors. The specifications for this version of the tool is limited.
Moreover, in order to utilize this tool make sure to update the Quickbooks application.
Two Ways of Installing QB File Doctor Tool
The crucial part of utilizing the QB File Doctor Tool is downloading it in the appropriate way. It’s crucial for you to only download the tool using an authorized website of Intuit.
You can download Quickbooks File Doctor in two simple ways. Let’s look into each way.
1: Through QuickBooks Tool Hub
If the user is downloading or already has the – Quickbooks Tool Hub then, QBFD can be utilized via one of its tabs. The steps are:
- For downloading the tool, reach the official website of Intuit.
- Afterwards, download – “QB Tool Hub”.
- Then, run “QuickBooksToolHub.exe”.
- Now, follow the instructions appearing on the system’s display.
- Read and accept the agreement and the installation will be done.
- After successfully installing the tool, click two times on the tool hub icon.
- Next, tap “Company File Issues”.
- Select “Run File Doctor”.
- look for the particular file having errors and select it.
- Now, enter the credentials for opening QB and hit “Next”. It will troubleshoot and resolve the issues automatically.
2: Via Website
For installing the QuickBooks company file diagnostic tool through the website, users just need to follow the below steps :
- First, visit Intuit’s official website.
- Then, start downloading QBFD through it.
- Now, run “QBFD.exe” by tapping on it.
- The installation will begin shortly then, follow the instructions
- QBFD will run on its own, once the installation is done.
- Now, hit “Start”.
- Click on the software or on its icon.
- Finally, utilize the tool for diagnosing and repairing the errors.
Use Quickbooks File Doctor (Stand-Alone Version)
The QuickBooks stand-alone version requires the latest version of QB file doctor. The appropriate steps to treat issues and errors via the stand-alone version are:
- First, ensure to use the latest version of the QBFD tool.
- Launch “QBFD Tool”
- Use “Browse”
- Choose “Company File”.
- Tap on “Check the File Damage Only”.
- Choose “Diagnose File”.
- You’ll encounter two options.
- Choose the “Workstation” option if you’re diagnosing and repairing a customer PC
- Choose “Server” if you’re fixing issues on the QB client system.
- Afterwards, provide the admin password of the Company File.
- Hit “Next”.
- Again, you’ll face two options.
- Select “Yes” in case you use “QuickBooks Host” or “Server”.
- Select “No” if not.
- Let the file doctor fix errors.
- Thereafter, close the file doctor.
- Finally, open “Company File”.
Use QB File Doctor (Built-In Version)
Since it is a built-in tool, it has the capacity to automatically detect errors and issues. It is an easy-to-use version of the QuickBooks File Doctor that requires a tap on the “Start” button. Moreover, the features of this version are very alike to the stand-alone version of the QB file doctor. However, you are required to carry the procedures stated below:
- Launch QuickBooks prior to running the company file
- After that browse the company file.
- Then, run the damaged company file.
- Now, choose the correction process.
- Hit “Next”.
- Enter credentials if required then tap “Next”.
- After completing the diagnostic, open the company file.
Fix Damaged/Corrupted Company File Via QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
In order to fix the damaged or corrupted file through the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, you must ensure the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub. After that check and apply the steps below:
Step 1: Use Quick Fix My File
The first step in fixing the company file via the doctor tool is to access Quick Fix My File. The required steps to use Quick Fix My File are:
- First, launch the “QB Tool Hub”.
- Select “Company File Issues”.
- Next Tap “Quick Fix My File”.
- Finally, hit “OK”.
Step 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
After using the Quick Fix My File. The next step is to use the QuickBooks File Doctor and the steps to use it are:
- Launch “QB Tool Hub”.
- Hit “Company File Issues”.
- Now, launch “QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- Next, select “Company File”.
- Tap “Check For File”.
- Hit “Continue”.
- Finally, provide admin credentials then click “Next”.
Step 3: Back up The Company File And Update QuickBooks
The final steps to fix the company file includes the backup of the file and updating QuickBooks. The steps to back up the QB company file are:
- Launch QuickBooks
- Select “File Menu”.
- Choose “Switch to Single-user”.
- Tap “File Menu” again.
- Locate “Back up Company”.
- Choose “Create Local Backup”.
- Hit “Local Backup”.
- Click “Next”.
- Select the location to save the backup of the company file.
- Tap “Ok”.
- Click “Save” then “Next”.
- Finally, backup is completed.
Important Points to Consider Regarding QBFD
There are some important factors that a user needs to remember while utilizing the QuickBooks Repair Tool.
A detailed list of the important points that you must know are:
- Quickbooks File doctor is only supported for Windows systems, not for the QuickBooks application of Mac.
- Always ensure that your system has only one file doctor version. Additionally, in case of having another version, you need to delete it.
- Only the QB versions that are newer than 2015 have the built-in feature.
- When you encounter the appearance of Quickbooks file repair in your screen for an issue. Hit “Start” and wait for the scan to finish.
What if QuickBooks File Doctor Stopped Working?
QuickBooks Doctor helps repair the QB related issues and errors a user faces. It’s a very useful tool but even this tool can encounter some errors.
While diagnosing a business file, if you ever encounter an error on your screen saying, “QB File Doctor is not functioning”. There can be many reasons for this event. Let’s discuss them.
Causes For This Issue
- The QB company file might be attempted for an update.
- Maybe, throughout installation, you miss inserting any corporate file.
- If the files are not able to be restored.
- Or, in case the file gets corrupt or damaged.
Solution For This Issue
- Manually run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Configure the anti-virus.
- Restore “.QBW” backup.
- If the above solutions didn’t work then choose the “Auto data recovery” option to solve the QBFD issues.
Uninstall QuickBooks File Doctor
We all know that the QBFD tool is great in fixing errors and issues that annoy users but in case the program freezes or troubles users because of the incorrect installation or any other issue then you must know how to uninstall it.
Let’s discuss the methods that can be used for removing QB File Doctor.
1: Via Product’s Uninstall Tool
Most of the applications have an uninstall process on the installation folder of the program. For uninstalling QuickBooks File Doctor via this way, you need to follow the below steps :
- First, look for the “QuickBooks FD” icon and right-click on it, then choose “Open file location”.
- Look for the uninstall process file, such as “Uninstall”, “uninst000”, or “Uninstaller”.
- Now, run the uninstall process to continue the removal
- Follow the instructions shown by the uninstall wizard on your system to complete the removal, and then restart your PC.
- Go to the installation folder’s directory again and check if everything is cleaned well.
- On the left corner of your screen, click the “Windows” button and type “regedit”.
- Click on the icon “regedit”
- After opening it, expand the registry group, and look for the entries or registry keys that have the program’s name.
- Finally, Before removing these files from your PC, make sure to back up them
2: Via Windows Uninstall Feature
You can use the uninstall feature provided by the Windows system in the “Control Panel”. For accessing this feature in the various operating systems, you need to follow the instructions below:
For Windows XP
- On the left side of the taskbar, click on “Start”.
- Then, go to the “Control Panel”.
- Open “Add/Remove Programs”.
For Windows 7
- First, Click “Start”.
- Then, look for “Control Panel”.
- Finally, select “Uninstall a Program”.
For Windows 8/8.1/10
- First, tap “Start”.
- Next, go to “Program and Features”.
- Find QuickBooks File Doctor on the list and use the “Remove/Uninstall” option.
In this informative guide, we have provided you with the benefits, uses, requirements and everything regarding the QuickBooks File Doctor. Moreover, this incredibly good repairing tool will help you tackle numerous errors.
We hope this educational post will help you regarding all your queries on QBFD. If you still have any queries regarding QB File Doctor, you can ask them via the comment section.