QuickBooks installation needs the product code and license number. These two ensures software validation. The information within the secret code has always been secured and encrypted. However, you can have problems at the time of activating the application through the license which is known as QuickBooks license error after clone. This issue generally comes when the software holds some damaged or corrupted encrypted files.
Other Names of QuickBooks License Error are:
- No Company Open Window does not show any Edit list
- Error 3371 status code 1118 QuickBooks could not load the license data
- You must subscribe to the accountant’s copy file transfer service
- QuickBooks Re-configuration errors
- Sync Licensed Data Online is disabled
- Your QuickBooks is not registered, this makes you unable to use Online Banking
We need to go through some of the best troubleshooting to fix this issue. But, before, let’s first know the causes behind QuickBooks license error.
Possible Causes of QuickBooks License Error After Clone
QuickBooks license errors can occur because of the following reasons.
- When the QBregistration.dat file becomes damaged and corrupted. All the license details are stored in this installation file. Damaging of it can interrupt QuickBooks from opening.
- MSXML- the essential component of QuickBooks enables its working. If it gets corrupted then you can have the error.
- QuickBooks may not be accessed due to the interruption of third-party viruses.
- Not using an updated version of QuickBooks.
After figuring out the causes, let’s get into the next section and learn how you can fix this issue.
How Can QuickBooks License Error After Clone Be Fixed?
Here are enumerated some of the best solutions that will help you in resolving the issue. So, let’s move ahead and learn the steps. Make sure to create a backup of your QB file before initiating. Your data will get placed in one place.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks
Not using the updated QuickBooks could bring this error to your device. So, make sure to update it with these steps given below.
- Make sure to launch QuickBooks in the first place.
- Hit the Help menu.
- Choose the tab named Update QuickBooks.
- When you see the list of versions then choose the most recent.
- You can restart your system when the update has been properly installed.
Solution 2: Delete the ECML File
- To initiate, you need to first close your QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done, just press three keys together Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- The task manager window will open now.
- When you come across a list of programs and processes just select the .exe extension from there.
- Once done, perform the right click and choose End Task.
- Move towards the folder contains the entitlement file.
- Tap Run.
- Go to this following location C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6).
- Hit the Enter button.
- Choose the Delete option to remove the ECML file.
- Once done with the procedure, just access your QB file.
- Also, try to register for the QuickBooks application.
Solution 3: Use QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor tool can tackle all of the company file-related issues. So, we try to use this tool to fix the issue.
- First of all, download the one and only QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
- After that, you need to open it by double-clicking.
- Consequently, navigate towards the home page.
- Now, from the left pane choose the Programs button.
- Make sure to hit the green tab named Run file doctor.
- The scanning will start and troubleshoot all the issues.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks as Admin
Third-party apps can down QuickBooks by blocking the communication path. Therefore, try to provide QuickBooks the admin rights so that it does not get interrupted.
- To begin with, perform a right-click on QuickBooks desktop.
- Once done, select tab Run as an administrator.
- Choose the Yes button when you receive any kind of message.
Solution 5: Run Clean Install QuickBooks
QuickBooks clean install tool is known to rectify all the corrupted and damaged QB files. You can use this tool from the QuickBooks tool hub and eliminate the issue.
- The first step is to launch the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Move towards the Installation issues located on the left corner.
- Now, you need to hit Clean Install Tool.
- The scanning process will get finished soon.
Solution 6: Update the Windows Operating System
- Initiate the procedure by moving towards the Start menu button.
- Once done, choose the Gear button.
- It will bring in the Windows settings.
- Make sure that you select the tab named Update and Security.
- Moreover, tap Windows Update.
- You will see a tab named Check for Update, just click on it now.
- This tab notifies you about any available updates.
- If you see any updates then make sure to download by hitting Get Updates.
- Now, the updating procedure will start and surely rectify the issue.
Solution 7: Turn Off Antivirus
- Go to the Windows desktop.
- Move towards the taskbar button.
- Choose the option from the navigation keys.
- Perform a right-click on the antivirus icon.
- Choose Disable option.
- Once done, select the time to turn off the antivirus.
- Make sure to give the time that you need for QuickBooks registration.
- After that specific, the antivirus continues to work on the system.
- If the registration has been completed before the set time then choose Enable by right-clicking on the antivirus.
- You don’t require to do anything now.
Through these seven solutions, you can surely resolve QuickBooks license errors after clone. We hope that the article has resolved all your queries regarding why this error occurs and what are the troubleshooting. Make sure to go through each section wisely. Also, create a backup every time you want to conduct the troubleshooting. Don’t forget to press the notification button if you want to cover your feed with such content.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. When Should I Use The Backup File After Fixing QuickBooks License Error After Clone?
You can use your backup while fighting issues like data damage, loss, corruption. Moreover, you can have the data back by restoring the backup files. Also, it is not essential to restore the data.
2. How Can I Fix QuickBooks Error 3371?
You can fix QuickBooks error 3371 through seven simple solutions such as:
- Update the Windows Operating System.
- Disable Antivirus
- Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Update QuickBooks
- Delete the ECML file
- Run Clean Install Tool
- Use QuickBooks as Admin
3. What are the Steps to Reset QuickBooks Registration?
- To begin, you need to search for the qbregistration.dat file.
- If you cannot find the file then take help from this location “C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks”
- Perform a right-click on the qbregistration.dat file.
- Make sure that you choose the Rename button.
- After that, change the name with qbregistration.old.
- Try to access the Notepad and paste these codes xx.x”> version”> and YES 000-000 0000-0000-0000-000 000073adbf3f
- Now, just change the xx.x with 24.0 if you use QuickBooks 2014, 23.0 for QuickBooks 2013, and so on. Make sure to type “pro” if there is QuickBooks pro and “atom” if there is QuickBooks simple start.
- The QuickBooks license number should be substituted for the numbers “000-000.”
- You can save this file now as qbregistration.dat.
- Consider the Save as Type button and choose All Files.
- This will not transform your file to any TXT and DOC files.
- Just save the file to its original folder.
4. Do I Need to Backup Before Proceeding with the Update of QuickBooks?
Yes, it is essential to first make a backup before proceeding with the updating procedure. Your data will become secured and uncorrupted even if something happens to it. So, always make sure to create backup to be on the safe side.
5. Can I Use my QuickBooks on Different System After Resolving QuickBooks License Error After Clone?
Yes, you can use QuickBooks on another system. But, there are things that you need to carry to this desktop like the company data. Also, delete the same from the previous computer. Through this, you can easily use the QuickBooks application without any fear of error.