Troubleshoot Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
The Quickbooks Error 3371 occurs due to some external issues that need to be troubleshot as soon as the error occurs to avoid any kind of data loss. However, In order to troubleshoot this error completely, we need to first understand what causes this Quickbooks error first.
Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 Introduction
This Quickbooks error code 3371 will occur due to damage to the Quickbooks system files such as entitlementDataStore.ecml that holds all the Licenses and agreements of the Quickbooks software. When you will get this error, an error message will be displayed on the screen which says “Could not initialize license properties”. Once, you will click on the “Ok” option, and another box will be opened on the screen.
You might get this error because of the improper shutdown of your computer that causes the damage to the file. Hence, when you try to open the Quickbooks software, it becomes unable to sync the license properties which causes this Quickbooks Error 3371. However, there are some Quick ways available thraugh which you can troubleshoot this Quickbooks Error easily. Let us first have a look at some of the causes of this Quickbooks Error to understand it better.
QUickbooks Error Code 3371 Causes
You might get the Quickbooks Error 3371 due to several reasons that include damage to the Quickbooks Component files or Windows files. Have a look at the reasons mentioned below:
- The Quickbooks Error 3371 can occurs due to any other component as it says cannot load the license properties. Every time you start the Quickbooks softwaer, it tries to access the damaged QBRegistration.Dat file.
- In order to successfully run the Quickbooks software, repair the damaged MSXML components of Windows.
- The syncing issues in the Quickbooks software can also arise due to blocking of connection with Quickbooks due to anti-malware softwares.
- You might get this issue because of outdated windows components. Incomplete windows update can leave the windows components outdated which cannot sync with the Quickbooks Desktop.
- The Crash com error in Quickbooks can also lead to this error.
- An Error message that says “Quickbook has stopped working” can stop the Quickbooks software.
- This error can also occur due to connection issues.
Troubleshooting Methods for Quickbooks Error Code 3371
Method 1 Delete entitlementDataStore.ecml file
- Open the windows explorer window by pressing the Windows+ E key.
- Now go to the following path C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\V8.
- Now select the .ecml file and then delete it.
- Close the explorer window and restart your device to update the changes.
- Open the Quickbooks software and try to register the item again.
Method: 2 Update Windows
- Click on the start menu and click on all programs.
- Now click on Windows update and then choose “Check for updates” option.
- If there is any update available then download and install the updates.
- Follow the prompted instructions to complete the update process.
Method: 3 Install Windows Update
- Install the latest available windows update.
- Click on the start menu then go to all programs and then click on windows update.
Method: 4 Rename the entitlement file
- Press the Windows+E key to start the windows explorer window.
- Now open the folder where the entitlement file is stored.
- Right-click on the file and click on the rename option.
- Rename the file by ending the old at the end.
- Now restart your computer to save the changes.
- Restart the Quickbooks software again and check whether the error has been resolved or not.
So these are some of the Quick methods that you can use if you have encountered Quickbooks Error 3371 Status code 11118. In case, You are getting this error in the Multi-user network then try configuring the Quickbooks Database Server Manager tool. However, if you have any queries related to Quickbooks software or about this error then feel free to get in touch with our experts.