Activate Quickbooks Remote Access Feature
Quickbooks is providing accounting solutions for a decade now. The quality-rich features and services make it one of the prominent accounting solutions for all levels of businesses. With time, it has improved its services to enhance the user experience on the software. In this blog, we will be discussing the Quickbooks Remote access features. We will help you to understand the usage of this Quickbooks feature and how you can activate it.
Introduction to Quickbooks Remote Access Feature
The Quickbooks remote access feature avails the users to access the information on the PC using another computer. It allows users to share and transmit documents over a secure server that requires high-speed internet connection. The Remote Access features of Quickbooks software allow accessing Quickbooks files and documents from ant another computer. In order to make it understand better, we have discussed below some of the advantages of Quickbooks Remote Access feature.
Advantages of Quickbooks Remote Access
Below listed are some of the benefits of this feature that you will experience:
- This feature allows you to print documents with your Local PC using a remote computer.
- You can copy and paste files from remote and local PC.
- The feature allows you to share files between both the two pc.
- Multiple users can access the same Quickbooks Company file simultaneously.
- You can save a lot of Costs using this feature as you don’t require extra infrastructure for Accountants.
- This avails a benefit to the clients and managers to check the work of the accountants easily.
With this Quickbooks tool, you can connect to any of the devices that have Quickbooks installed. Hence, if you are using Quickbooks online with your smartphone or tablet then you can connect with them using the Quickbooks Remote access tool. In case, While working on Quickbooks, if you have got Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 then you need to troubleshoot the error quickly.
Quickbooks Remote Access Versions and Pricing
The Quickbooks remote Access feature is available in two versions. You will be required to pay to gain access to this tool in Quickbooks software.
- Quickbooks Full Desktop($7.75/Month)
- Quickbooks Access ($3.95/Month)
Quickbooks Remote Access Tool options
Below listed are some of the options that will be supported with Quickbooks remote access tool.
- The feature will allow you to switch to the Quickbooks Online version.
- You can use the tool for Quickbooks remote access.
- The feature will allow you to host the Quickbooks desktop on the cloud.
How to Activate the Quickbooks Remote Access tool?
These are the steps that you have to follow in order to access the Quickbooks Remote Access tool.
- Open the Intuit website and sign up for the Quickbooks Remote Access feature.
- Now login with your Account credentials. Open the Computer from which you want to access the Quickbooks software and then start a browser.
- Now go to the Intuit website and choose the “Setup Computer” option. The Quickbooks remote access tool installation file will start downloading.
- Provide a name for this computer in the “name field” and then choose the next option.
- Make sure to mark an option for the list besides the “Initiate” option every time you log in for a remote session. You need to choose from the following options:
- Use Full-Screen View by Default.
- Automatically Reduce Screen Resolution to Match.
- Disable this Computer’s Keyboard and Mouse.
- Make this Computer’s Screen Blank.
- After this Mark the “Applications” checkbox to access the Quickbooks software remotely on this computer. If you don’t want to pay much then only open the Quickbooks Accounts and then choose the next option.
- Now mark the authentication box and you will receive a passcode or you can also use your phone number.
- The passcode will allow you to access the Intuit website to access the Quickbooks software remotely while with the phone number, the tech team will call you to verify and then provide you the passcode. Click on the Finish button to complete the process.
Quick Ways to Access Quickbooks Remotely
- Start your remote computer and start a browser.
- Now Login into your account on the remote access website.
- Click on the Name you have provided and then choose the connect option.
- After this, enter the passcode in the box that you have received and then choose “End QB remote Access Session once the session is complete” option from the Remote Access drop-down menu.
So this was one of the alternatives to access the Quickbooks Remote Access feature. We have tried our best to help you understand the benefits of the Quickbooks Remote Access tool and how you can activate it. In case you have any queries then feel free to contact experts at Quickbooks.