Any error with the 6000 series depicts the multi-user issues. If you are facing any of them then there must be some hidden factors responsible for it. We will explore every one of them in the later sections. Well, this guide is entirely based on the QuickBooks error 6073. The issue is too difficult to handle and requires some troubleshooting to be fixed. We have come up with the same to help you out in this situation. So, let’s proceed together.
QuickBooks Error 6073 : Multi-User Error
You may see QuickBooks error 6073 while accessing the QB file with the .qbe extension in the multi-user mode. As a consequence of this error, users face lots of hardships while working on the QB desktop. You must explore the other things associated with this error.
Error Message: QuickBooks is unable to open this company file. It may have been opened by another user.
Error Code : 6073, 99001
Major Cause: Another user accesses the company file in multi-user mode
Major Issue: Company File
Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6073
Lots of reasons that arise QuickBooks error 6073 99001 into your device are as follows:
- Accessing the QB file through remote access tools such as Go to Assist and Team Viewer.
- Another member has already accessed the QB file in single-user mode.
- The read-only folder has stored the company file.
- Using several log-in passwords to open the QB file which is originally placed on a Linux server.
These are the major causes that shape this error into your device. We try to root out each of these causes for better performance of QuickBooks desktop.
Identify QuickBooks Error 6073 99001 with these Signs
Well, these causes not only bring this error but also bring several issues within your system that you will learn in the list below. Make sure to go through each of the stated symptoms if you want to fix it now.
- Problems which accessing financial records.
- Windows keeps on showing the same message
- The active window gets crashed and hampers all the ongoing work.
- The computer is freezing within a span of period.
If you experiencing any of the above signs then make sure to conduct the troubleshooting described below.
Different Ways To Fix Quickbooks is Unable to Open This Company File
Here are provided some of the best solutions. Make sure to start from the first one if you want to fix the error. Now, let’s move ahead.
Solution 1: Fix QuickBooks Error 6073 Manually
Condition 1: When the Company File is Accessed in Another Workstation as Single-user mode
If you fall into this condition then make sure to go through these steps below and fix this irritable issue.
- To begin with, shut your QuickBooks desktop in all the systems.
- Try to access the QB file on the system which is used for hosting purposes.
- Now, navigate to the File menu.
- From there, you need to select the switch to the multi-user mode option.
- In the final step, try to reboot all the workstations.
Condition 2: When the QB File is Accessed on the Host System as Single-User Mode
- If this is the case then pick the File menu.
- Once done, click on Close Company.
- Now, try to access your company file again.
- Pick the File menu and choose Open or Restore Company.
- Consequently, select open a company file.
- Choose the Next button now.
- Thereafter, try to elect the QB file.
- End the procedure by accessing the file in the multi-user environment.
Condition 3: When the QB file is Stored in a Read-Only Network Folder
- Head towards the system which is used for hosting the QB file.
- Now, just access the folder where you have placed your company file.
- Perform a right-click on the folder.
- Make sure that you choose the Properties option.
- Navigate towards the Security button.
- Move with the option suggesting you are having an issue logging in.
- Thereafter, tap the Edit button.
- Make sure that you are permitted full control.
- Finally, choose Apply and hit OK.
Condition 4: If Using LogMeIn and GoToMyPC for accessing the System Remotely
- If you fit into this condition then access the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Once done, hit the Program problems tab.
- Go to the tab named Quick Fix my Program.
- Consequently, run the tool for resolving the issue.
- When the process gets completed, just reopen the QuickBooks desktop and also access the data file.
Solution 2: Rename Corrupted or Unavailable ND file
- Initiate the procedure by accessing your Windows Explorer.
- You need to now pick the folder where you have put your Company file.
- Once done, select the company file with nd extension.
- Try to change the are .old file extension.
- Make sure that you pick Enter.
- Access the QuickBooks and the company file.
- The final step requires you to create a network data file.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor on Your Device
- We will do run the QuickBooks file doctor from the QuickBooks tool hub.
- So, for that, you need to first download the newest version of the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Once done, just locate the file where you can access it easily.
- After that, launch the tool hub file.
- Go through the on-screen guidelines to install.
- Also, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Perform double click and try to access your tool hub.
- Proceed ahead by choosing the Company File issue tab.
- You need to now go to the green tab named QuickBooks File doctor.
- The tool will need a few minutes to run.
- Furthermore, select the drop-down menu and choose your company file.
- If you cannot find it then hit the Browse button.
- Choose Check file damage only button.
- Move the cursor towards the Continue button.
- Just provide an essential user name and password and you are all set to initiate your work.
Solution 4: Mark ND and TL files as Hidden
- Initiate the procedure by accessing the My Computer tab.
- Now, you need to go towards the Tools menu.
- Once done, choose Folder.
- Bring your mouse towards the View tab.
- Afterward, choose the option named Show hidden files and folders.
- Consequently, try to access the data folder and check transaction log and network data files.
- Perform a right-click on the Network data file and hit the Properties tab.
- Now, remove hidden options followed by clicking on OK.
These kinds of issues work as fuel to the fire to all the business-related tasks. You may find it really agitated to continue your work. That’s why we try to bring some best possible solutions with our fingers crossed. Hopefully, the error gets resolved and now you are going well with the other business operations. If you have some queries then don’t forget to remind QuickAudit with your comment below. Also, let us know which solution fits best for you so that it can help many users visiting the comments with hope.